We are live! The new and improved WhitePages mobile website launched today at m.whitepages.com, and I hope you’ll agree it’s a great way to find and connect with people and businesses on the go. Best of all, it works from almost any web-capable mobile phone. Try it out on your phone and tell us what you think!
We’ve had a mobile version of the WhitePages.com website for a while, but only over the past year have people begun using the mobile internet on a broad scale. According to ComScore, U.S. mobile internet usage doubled from January 2008 to January 2009 — with over 63 million people now accessing the internet from their phones each month and over 22 million doing it every day.
However, while we were busy working on new iPhone and Android apps, the WhitePages mobile site had fallen a little behind the times. So, we’ve relaunched m.whitepages.com with some big improvements and the new look and feel of WhitePages that you’ll be seeing a lot more of. Here are some highlights:
- Better Business Search — We’ve made changes to give you more relevant results and bring the best and closest local business listings to the top of your search results.
- Tons more information — Find who you’re looking for fast with new listing data like who’s in the household, company name and job title for work listings, and the age range of the person you’re looking for.
- New listing types — Along with the new listing information, we’ve added work listings to our mobile search results so you can find the personal and professional information you need.
- Looks and works better on more phones – m.whitepages.com will be automatically formatted to fit the screen and model of your phone, whether it’s a RAZR, BlackBerry, or something in between.
- Updated design and layout — If you’ve been following the WhitePages team, you know that we are embarking on a major re-branding effort. Check out our brand building blog series to learn more. The launch of m.whitepages.com with our new brand and simple layout is an important step in the effort.
I hope you’ll agree the new m.whitepages.com makes it fantastically simple to find and connect with people and businesses on the go. So, the next time you need to find a phone number that you left at home, or have a craving for Thai food while you’re on the road, just visit m.whitepages.com from your mobile phone’s browser.
Enjoy! Let us know what you think and stay tuned for more exciting new developments from the mobile team soon!