Nobody wants hundreds of apps clogging up their smartphone. Many people limit the number of apps they have on their phones for a variety of reasons, while others are quick to test a cool new app out immediately, but will soon delete it if it isn’t worth keeping around. But no matter how you find and organize the apps you use, knowing what to look for in a high-quality mobile app definitely makes the process easier. When it comes to a caller ID app, the kind of versatile tool that you’ll use on a daily basis, it’s even more important to make sure you’re picking the right one.
Here are five things to look for in a mobile caller ID app:
- Awesome data sources: The most immediate advantage offered by a caller ID app is how it identifies incoming calls and text messages. You’ll quickly go from wondering whether it’s worth taking a call to knowing immediately if you want to answer, ignore or even block future calls from the number. Because you’ll be making big decisions based on what your app tells you, it’s crucial that the data used by the app is accurate and up to date. Whitepages Caller ID leverages a reliable, consistently updated database to provide you the best info possible.
- ID for both text and calls: Considering the rise of texting as a practical and easy alternative to phone calls, it makes sense that many people want to identify not only voice calls but text messages as well. A caller ID app that doesn’t provide this service means limited effectiveness and a lot of time spent trying to figure out who is texting you and why. Whitepages Caller ID delivers info on incoming calls and texts, giving you complete coverage on both methods of communication.
- Detect and avoid spam: Why go through the process of determining if an incoming call is spam when the right app can do it for you? Whitepages Caller ID not only identifies the person or company trying to call your phone, it also lets you know if that person has been reported in the past as a telemarketer, scammer or annoying caller. With that initial information, you can choose to ignore those calls and avoid what could be a costly phone call.
- Block unwanted callers: Having more control over your calls means you should also get to choose which calls you receive. Finding a caller ID app that gives you that capability will brighten up you day because it stops unwanted calls from interrupting you. Whitepages Caller lets you block any phone number—spam or not. So whether you want to block that telemarketer, or don’t ever want to take a call from your exe again, Whitepages Caller ID has you covered.
- Customization and ease of use: A smart caller ID app allows users to change settings and make decisions that create a personalized and more individually effective program. With the Whitepages Caller ID app, you can customize how your caller identity shows up when calling other app users. It helps them recognize that it’s you and gets more of your calls answered. A lot of that is due to a simple integration with Facebook or LinkedIn. When you connect Whitepages Caller ID to one of your social profiles, you automatically get your name and photo updated on your caller identity.
Need to see more? Check out some of our other cool features like location and photo sharing by watching our video.