The WhitePages Android app has been a hit – and we’re thrilled that it’s been a Top 10 App in the reference section, especially coming on the heels of news that the Android may even be outselling the iPhone. Not to brag, but we’re proud to have helped identify over 100 million calls to date with our innovative Caller ID feature (available exclusively on Android smartphones) and were even recently featured in Verizon’s nationwide “Droid Does Apps” campaign.
- Business Search: Finding nearby businesses is now quicker and easier than ever. Select from a list of popular searches with just a few taps, see your search results ranked with distance from your current location, and see more detailed descriptions for popular businesses.
- Add to Contacts: A new and improved interface makes it simply to view and modify listing information before saving it to your phone contact list.
- Call ID: Choose how and where to display a Call ID window during incoming calls. Customize your Call ID to work with almost any Android phone.
- Offline access: Use the Recent Results button to see your most recent searches – even if you’re in an elevator or tunnel. Never be without the numbers you need!
- Sharing: Send listings to your friends with easy sharing by email or text.
- More Devices: We’ve made updates to make the app work even better on the many Android devices available like the Droid, Droid Eris, Nexus One, Incredible, CLIQ and Hero as well the original G1 and MyTouch phones.
Most importantly (OK not really) – we now have snazzy new icons!
We think V3.2 of the WhitePages Android app is a big step forward, and hope you do, too!
Feel free to share with us how it works for you as well as ideas for continued improvements. Send a link to your Android phone to download the new app.