They say good things come to those who wait. For all the Windows 10 Mobile users out there, wait nevermore. Pop open the bubbly, hit a piñata or whatever the cool kids are doing these days. Win 10 Mobile users now have access to Whitepages ID and the most in-depth mobile data in North America.
Whitepages ID helps users identify and, if needed, block unknown incoming calls and texts. That’s no easy feat when you consider the numbers!
About four billion calls are made in the U.S. every day, and 30 percent of calls to mobile phones come from numbers not in your address book. Whitepages’ database has more than 600 million phone numbers (250MM mobile). That’s a lot of digits. My inner 8th grader is jealous. If each number in our database measured one foot, you could take it around the world 4.5 times. 4.5 times!!! Think of the shining, shimmering, splendid things you could see!
With spam and scam calls rising by 35 percent in 2015* and spammers and scammers getting increasingly sophisticated, the question “to answer, or not to answer” has never been more tricky. To fight these daily interruptions, Whitepages ID provides Win 10 Mobile users with the means to make an educated decision.
All right, I hear ya. This app is the jam to my jelly, but what kind of perks am I looking at here? Well, slow your roll, I’m getting there.
- Caller ID: I’d like to think it goes without saying, but always best to play it safe… <ahem> this app provides Caller Identification.
- Call Blocker: I’m sure I’m not the only one who ever re-named a number in their address book as “FOR ALL THINGS HOLY, DON’T ANSWER”. Well, you can just block that now. Black list spam, scams, annoying telemarketers, political calls or that guy who just can’t take a hint and send them straight to voicemail.
- Scam & Spam Protection: If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck…we shoot the duck. (Not literally! Don’t report me to PETA). If an incoming call looks like spam/scam on our end, an alert will automatically generate on your phone. If a duck squeaks through the quacks (HA! …too soon?), you can easily report the number to stop them from contacting other Whitepages users.
- Phone Book Contact Photos: See the latest profile photo, job title and city information for any of your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn connections.
- True Contacts: Add names and addresses from the Whitepages directory to your contacts to keep them true, complete and up to date. Holiday cards have never been easier! No excuse now.
- Money Saver: Reduce the amount of minutes that unknown calls and texts use up. Let’s not even start with how much money your time is actually worth. If we look at it that way, you’re saving a ton! Treat yourself to something nice.
*Useful information brought to you by the Whitepages State of the Call Report