I am excited to announce that today we have launched a completely revamped WhitePages app for our Android users! The new WhitePages for Android builds on the recent success of WhitePages’ Current Caller ID app, which combines social updates with call and text ID and has attracted over one million users since launching in August. The two companion apps integrate seamlessly to enable WhitePages people, business and phone number search directly from Current Caller ID.
Of course the app is also very powerful on its own, especially with the new enhancements. The new app still includes all of your old favorite features (People, Business, Store Locator, Reverse Phone, Reverse Address), but adds brand new functionality that lets users find anything and everything nearby where they are located or where they might be headed. For example:
- Nearby People lets you discover people nearby where you are, to get to know who your neighbors are and get in touch with them, add them to your address book and so much more.
- Nearby Stores gives you the ability to explore and find businesses nearby whether it be your friend’s house, where you are or even if you are traveling to a completely new city – in over 30 popular categories across 80,000 neighborhoods.
The improved sharing experience gives you the ability to share any destination via Facebook, Twitter, email or text and more. You can choose your friends and post directly to their wall or tag them with a tweet.
In addition to the above features, we’ve included several other enhancements that you’ll like:
- Lookup Recent Callers: we now pull in the list of unidentified numbers from your call history so reverse phone search of unknown numbers is now a tap away, no tedious copy and paste needed.
- Restaurant & Spa Menus: businesses now have menus which you can use to explore just the right spa or restaurant you’d like to visit next.
- Monthly Subscriptions: if you are a heavy reverse phone search user, you now have an option to purchase a monthly subscription of the service at one low cost.