Today, we’re excited to announce the official launch of DealPop, your local source for the best insider deals on both your favorite and undiscovered places, right in your own neighborhood. DealPop is all about discovery, and it’s our hope that you’ll get out there and enjoy discovering your city at a great discount!
With DealPop, WhitePages now brings you a different deal on all kinds of cool stuff—You not only get incredible values, you get to discover great new things to see, cool places to eat and awesome places to shop right in your own city. We like to think of it as our way of making you insiders in your own city.
And the way it works is simple:
- Just purchase your deal on www.DealPop.com.
- Then print out your deal voucher and take it to the the restaurant, club, theater, or store to redeem it.
- You can share your deal with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, or email too. Odds are if you wanted it, they’ll probably be into it, too.
DealPop is immediately available in Seattle and will launch with popular local favorites such as the Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company, the Alibi Room, Twist, Mad Pizza, Knows Perfume, and Unexpected Productions. DealPop will expand to major metropolitan areas in the coming months.
In case you’re wondering why we decided to enter this space, consider this (and read Kevin Nakao’s post from last week): We’re a top-50 online and mobile website where more than 20 million people per month visit to find personal and business contact information. We thought it’d make sense to use our knowledge of local businesses to hook people up with deals of up to 70 percent off. With each deal available for purchase for a set number of hours, you’re able to share with your friends and get out there an explore your city.
We realize many of you actively participate in other sites similar to ours. Here’s how we’re special:
- Discover cool things to do and hot places to go based on popular local business searches on WhitePages as well as picks by DealPop’s local insiders;
- The ability to share via Facebook, Twitter and email, turning the deal into a social activity that can be enjoyed with friends or family;
- The opportunity to receive DealPop points that can be applied to a future purchase by sharing a great deal with someone who then signs up and purchases that deal;
- Access to helpful customer service representatives to answer any questions about each daily deal;
- Unlike other social buying sites, everyone gets the deal at DealPop because there isn’t a minimum number of people who need to purchase before the deal goes through;
- Email reminders before the expiration date of a voucher to encourage consumers to use their purchases
We’re excited to bring you deals from the places you love, and help you discover the places you will love. Visit www.dealpop.com and let us know what you think!